Emergency Food Home Delivery
In response to COVID-19, The SEED rapidly scaled up the Emergency Food Home Delivery program to deliver nutritious food boxes to community members in need. Those most deeply affected by the COVID-19 situation have been prioritized. For example: vulnerable seniors, people with low-income, and people with health challenges.
It takes a community to feed a community.
The Emergency Food Home Delivery program has funding to continue until April 2, 2021. After that date, we will no longer be able to deliver entirely free groceries to the 2000+ community members on our delivery list. As a continuation of this work, we are launching Groceries from The SEED, a pay-what-you-can grocery delivery service that we believe will be sustainable for the long term. When you shop at Groceries from The SEED you are helping people in your community to afford good food. Community Members of all incomes are invited to sign up- click here for more information.
We know that Groceries from The SEED is not an option for many community members who cannot afford to pay for food. We are still hoping to deliver food free of charge, as funding allows. To join a waitlist for this service, click here.
The Emergency Food Home Delivery program started in April 2020. So far, with support from amazing partners and community members…
47 373 nutritious food boxes delivered!75 239 meals prepared and distributed!
$589,680 – the approximate retail value of food delivered!
257 volunteers have contributed 10 939 hours to this work!
How to participate/help:
I need food delivered to me and I can afford to pay between 25%-100% of the retail cost.
I need food delivered to me or someone i know and cannot afford to pay for food.
I want to donate money to help purchase food and essentials.
I want to volunteer to help pack, deliver, or cook.
- 10C Shared Space and Harve$t Fund
- County of Wellington Ontario Works
- City of Guelph’s Smart Cities
- Wood Development Group – Westminster Midtown Village
- University of Guelph Hospitality Services
- Neighbourhood Group of Companies
- Orchard Park at Ignatius Jesuit Centre
- Sysco Foods
- Second Harvest’s FoodRescue.ca
- Isaac Applied Perspective
- Boucher & Jones Fuels
- United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin
- Guelph Community Foundation
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Community Food Centres of Canada
- Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition
- YMCA-YWCA of Guelph
- Hope House
- Salvation Army
- Children’s Foundation Guelph-Wellington
- Royal City Mission
- Welcome In Drop-In Centre
- K&A Trucking LTD and Renada Logistics Limited
- PJ’s Restaurant at the University of Guelph
- Trans 99 Logistics
- Wabash Canada