Delivering nutritious food boxes in response to COVID-19.
In April 2020, The SEED rapidly pivoted and scaled up to deliver nutritious food boxes to community members in need. Those most deeply affected by COVID-19 were prioritized. For example: vulnerable seniors, people with low incomes, and people with health challenges.
It takes a community to feed a community.
The Emergency Food Home Delivery program ran from April 2020 – April 2021. With support from amazing partners and community members, here is what we accomplished:
As a continuation of this work, we launched Groceries from The SEED, a pay-what-you-can grocery delivery service. When you shop at Groceries from The SEED you help people in your community afford good food. Community Members of all incomes are invited to shop- click here for more information.
- 10C Shared Space and Harve$t Fund
- County of Wellington Ontario Works
- City of Guelph’s Smart Cities
- Wood Development Group – Westminster Midtown Village
- University of Guelph Hospitality Services
- Neighbourhood Group of Companies
- Orchard Park at Ignatius Jesuit Centre
- Sysco Foods
- Second Harvest’s FoodRescue.ca
- Isaac Applied Perspective
- Boucher & Jones Fuels
- United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin
- Guelph Community Foundation
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Community Food Centres of Canada
- Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition
- YMCA-YWCA of Guelph
- Hope House
- Salvation Army
- Children’s Foundation Guelph-Wellington
- Royal City Mission
- Welcome In Drop-In Centre
- K&A Trucking LTD and Renada Logistics Limited
- PJ’s Restaurant at the University of Guelph
- Trans 99 Logistics
- Wabash Canada
For more info, contact:
email@example.com // 519-821-6638 X396