Emergency Food Home Delivery
In response to COVID-19, The SEED rapidly scaled up the Emergency Food Home Delivery program to deliver nutritious food boxes to community members in need. Those most deeply affected by the COVID-19 situation were prioritized. For example: vulnerable seniors, people with low-income, and people with health challenges.
It takes a community to feed a community.
The Emergency Food Home Delivery program ran from April 2020 – April 2021. With support from amazing partners and community members, here is what we accomplished:
51 687 nutritious food boxes delivered!77 013 meals prepared and distributed!
$690 900 – the approximate retail value of food delivered!
265 volunteers contributed 12 020 hours to this work!
As a continuation of this work, we launched Groceries from The SEED, a pay-what-you-can grocery delivery service. When you shop at Groceries from The SEED you are helping people in your community to afford good food. Community Members of all incomes are invited to sign up- click here for more information.
How to participate/help:
I need food delivered to me and I can afford to pay between 25%-100% of the retail cost.
I need food delivered to me or someone i know and cannot afford to pay for food.
I want to donate money to help purchase food and essentials.
- 10C Shared Space and Harve$t Fund
- County of Wellington Ontario Works
- City of Guelph’s Smart Cities
- Wood Development Group – Westminster Midtown Village
- University of Guelph Hospitality Services
- Neighbourhood Group of Companies
- Orchard Park at Ignatius Jesuit Centre
- Sysco Foods
- Second Harvest’s FoodRescue.ca
- Isaac Applied Perspective
- Boucher & Jones Fuels
- United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin
- Guelph Community Foundation
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Community Food Centres of Canada
- Guelph Neighbourhood Support Coalition
- YMCA-YWCA of Guelph
- Hope House
- Salvation Army
- Children’s Foundation Guelph-Wellington
- Royal City Mission
- Welcome In Drop-In Centre
- K&A Trucking LTD and Renada Logistics Limited
- PJ’s Restaurant at the University of Guelph
- Trans 99 Logistics
- Wabash Canada